There are often binoculars enthusiasts and customers who are uncomfortable when using binoculars. The main manifestations are “dizziness”, “eyes up” and “like drinking”. This phenomenon can basically be summarized as follows:
1. Optical axis reason
Once the uncomfortable observation of the telescope occurs, many people immediately think: Is there a problem with the optical axis of the telescope?
Indeed, the optical axis is the most important factor in the halo of the telescope. Once the optical axis of the telescope has a problem, it will definitely show the above symptoms, because the human eye’s correction ability is limited. If the optical axis exceeds a certain level, the comfort will be significantly reduced. Until it can’t be used.
Many people’s sensitivity to the optical axis is different, or even very different. Some people can feel it if they deviate from seven to eight points (within the standard of most high-end telescopes), and some people even deviate from four to fifty points. Can’t detect it.
Many people on the forum use the soil method to judge the optical axis, which has great limitations and easy operability, but everyone does not have the optical axis instrument. I hope there will be a better simple detection method in the future.
2. Specifications and performance reasons
The reasons for the specifications cannot be ignored:
- 1. The higher the magnification, the lower the stability and the lower the comfort.
- 2. The larger the field of view, the more likely it is for some people to have a feeling of “dizziness”. Many people do not understand. For a simple example, for a person with acrophobia, the fear of standing in front of a high-rise window and a large window The feeling is much greater than that of a small window.The wide field of view is a kind of enjoyment for many people, but for some people, it is the opposite result.
- 3. Picture quality, such as brightness, distortion, sharpness, color and other factors, can also induce “halo”, but this is irregular and varies from person to person. I remember a few years ago, a customer said that the picture is bright and clear The sharp telescope is not suitable for it.
- 4. Another reason is the observation target and weather conditions. You can try, close observation, close observation of straight lines, the comfort is relatively low. Extreme weather, such as snow and dim environments, can also reduce comfort.
3. Reasons for operation
Another reason is incorrect to use. For example, the left and right eyes are not adjusted clearly at the same time, the left and right images are not rounded, the degree of cooperation between the glasses and the telescope, the personal holding stability is low, close observation, frequent sweeps, and long-term continuous Observation, etc., will cause discomfort, or even more serious.
4. Personal adaptability reasons
In addition to the optical axis, we overlooked another reason: personal adaptability
After all, telescopes are not part of the human eye. Not to mention telescopes, they are the simplest glasses we wear. Most people will have obvious incompatibility the first time they are worn. The main manifestations are “dizziness” and “eyes.” Uncomfortable”. The same is true for telescopes. If the standard of the optical axis of the domestic mirrors is low, it is a problem with the telescopes, but for top telescopes, customers often say “halo” at a glance, and some of them have very strong performance, causing fainting. If you don’t believe me, you can show some relatives and friends who have not used the telescope with the telescope in your hand. Many people will say “a bit dizzy” or “too dizzy”. Generally speaking, the proportion of male “halos” is smaller than that of females.
Some people who are “fainting” will gradually adapt, but some others can’t adapt. At this time, they can only give up using it.